Sunday 8 September 2013

Nice news and some funding

I've had some very nice news with regard to Red Room but - and I hate doing this - I don't think I can say anything about it just yet. As soon as I can I'll let everyone know as I can't wait to mention it. As for my own writing - I'm currently working on my novel and am delighted to have been awarded some Arts Council funding for mentoring. This means that I'll be able to get some guidance and feedback from a novelist during the writing of the novel, and as I'm in new territory - novels being completely different beasts to short stories - I'm really happy to be helped in this way. Mentoring has begun and the novel is progressing at a slow pace, but it is progressing. I'm just looking forward to getting the first draft under my belt and then the real work will begin... the editing.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Arts Council funding and very best of luck with your novel.

    I've also made the transition from short stories to novel writing. It feels very different, very exciting and more akin to exploring brand-new territory than I had imagined. The pace is certainly slow, but as I get deeper into it, I'm enjoying it more and more.

    Looking forward to your good news about Red Room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joanna - very best of luck with your own novel. Yes, it's very different to short story writing and certainly challenging. But I'm enjoying the challenge, as you seem to be also. The most frustrating thing is not being able to hold the whole story in my head - something which is much easier to do with short stories.

    ReplyDelete